By January 2, 2014 0 Comments

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the requirements for a Florida real estate sales associate license?

  • You must be at least 18 years of age.
  • You must have a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
  • You must complete and pass the state approved 63 hour course.
  • You must pass the state examination.
  • It is not required to be a Florida resident or U.S. citizen..

When may I submit my application?
The application may be sent in before, during or after the course. However, since the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DPBR) has up to 90 days to process your application, the earlier you submit it, the better.

How do I submit my application?
This is a three step process. First, you must apply to the state with a fee of $105. Second, the application requires electronic fingerprints. However, the application may be submitted prior to obtaining the fingerprints. Third, after receiving your approval, you may schedule your exam with the state, selecting the date and time from their selection of testing sites. The state will then contact you to verify your scheduled exam. The exam fee is $31.50 and is payable with a check or money order brought to the testing location. For assistance in filling out the application call 727-938-9900.

How is the test administered?
There are multiple locations where exams can be taken. Exams will be given by the state test vendor Pearson Vue on computer touch screens. For specific locations and times, check the Pearson Vue.

How long after taking the exam will I be able to find out my results?
Your results will be available immediately at the test location.

What is necessary to maintain my license?
45 hours of post-licensing education is required during the first renewal period (18-24 months after passing the state exam). Subsequently your license must be renewed every 2 years by completing 14 hours of continuing education.

What can I do with a sales associate’s license?
You can be involved in the listing and selling of residential, commercial, industrial property, land, business opportunities, time-shares, and property management. But in order to do so, you must have an active license and be associated with a real-estate firm.

Posted in: F.A.Q.

Post a Comment

shared on